Have you always wondered what content is great content and how it can transform your business? This article might be of some help.
Content varies based on the type of digital product or project you are working on and I will touch base on the importance of content in the context of a website, blog and email.
There are 4 primary rules for any type of content to be successful –
1. The content should grab reader’s attention so you should always write a benefit driven headline.
2. Your content should build user’s interest by elaborating on benefits and features.
3. The content should increase desire by clearly answering the user needs.
4. The content should motivate the user to take action through the call to action.
Now taking an example of a website, any visitor coming to your website makes up his/her mind in the first 2 seconds whether they like the website or not so your homepage should clearly address the following –
1. How you can help the user?
2. What benefit they can get out of it?
3. What action they need to take?
So the homepage of your website should be very clear with a clear headline and a clear call to action. The same rule applies to the emails including newsletters and customer follow up messages.
As far as the blog posts are concerned, you should consider it as a medium of sharing your knowledge with other people. Always write unique content and there is no harm in getting a proof reader to go through it. If you are writing unique and original content the search engines will pick it up very quickly and other people in the same industry might like to include your article as well providing you a back link.
So the content is the key and plays an important role in the SEO as well as in generating more leads and closed sales. Speak to Designworxz if you are interested in building that great landing page or newsletter.